by Daniel Lucas
They say that half of the journey to success is just showing up! This definitely holds true when it comes to reaching the fitness goals you set for yourself. Staying on track with your training program is extremely important when it comes developing muscle, shifting body composition and increasing endurance.
I’d like to share some of Nimble’s best practices for maintaining a consistent training program:
* Change your perspective on fitness! How we look at our lives has a powerful effect on how we spend our time. Shifting your thoughts from “I should be working out” to “Movement is an essential part of who I am” can have a profound impact.
* Have a plan! Try training instead of just exercise. Training is more fun, much more effective, and encourages plan. Map out your workout days, know what phase of training you’re in, create your program and adjust as you go.
* Fuel up! One thing is for certain, if you don’t prep your body with quality nutrients and pre-workout calories you will fatigue faster than you want to. Be sure to test your pre-workout foods and put your nutrition to work for you!
* Be an early bird! Get your workouts done in the morning if you can. Our clients that train in the morning are generally more consistent, because of fewer work interruptions and better sleep cycles.
* The non-negotiable Monday workout! No matter what’s going on in your life, the Monday workout always happens!!! Get your week started right, and get your body feeling great!
* Little voice management! Some days the doubter in you might show itself, or the procrastinator in you might poke its little deceptive head out. Managing that little voice that says “I can’t” will help you stay on your path. Remember, there are a lot of different ways to positively affect your health on any given day.
The secret is doing it! Being consistent with your training and taking care of yourself in general is like putting money in the BANK of YOU! Make deposits daily!