January 12, 2014
9:00am – 5:45pm
42 E 12th Street
New York, NY 1003
Like the RKC, the HKC includes a qualifying test of physical strength. The RKC is famous for its mandatory snatch test—that immediately sets a high bar for those wishing to qualify as an RKC. We take pride in this. Many fitness certifications have no physical test whatsoever, allowing that curious anomaly of an obviously out-of-shape trainer dispensing advice to clients who are clearly fitter than they are! To ensure that those who register for the HKC have a reasonable level of fitness, Dragon Door settled on a standard plank, performed with straight alignment and held for 60 seconds. *If you don’t think you can do this by January 12, 2014 then don’t bother signing up.
For those of you ready for the challenge you will take home an information packed HKC instructor manual:
- What makes kettlebell training unique?
- What Russian research says about the benefits of kettlebell training?
- What is “Hardstyle”?
- Kettlebell safety 101: ten key items
- The Swing: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- The Get-Up: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- The Goblet Squat: its benefits, technique, teaching progression, and remedial drills
- HKC program design
- The three key principles of effective training identified by Russian sports scientists: continuity of the training process, waving the loads, and specialized variety,
- Ten program design tools for an unlimited variety of effective kettlebell workouts:
- Rep Ladders
- Weight Ladders
- Time Ladders
- Breathing Ladders
- Reverse Ladders
- Drop Sets
- Super Sets
- Timed Sets
- Active Recovery Exercises
Attend the HKC and leave with these major advantages:
- A deep understanding of the true benefits of kettlebell training—for both yourself and your clients
- A solid knowledge of vital kettlebell training safety procedures
- A workmanlike grasp of the fundamentals of biomechanics—to ensure your clients move with perfect form and avoid injury
- A grasp of the key HardStyle skills and principles of strength
- The ability to competently perform the three foundational kettlebell exercises (the Swing, the Get-Up, and the Goblet Squat)
- The confidence you can now correctly teach the three essential kettlebell exercises—and troubleshoot common technique problems
- The unique HKC template for designing an unlimited number of effective kettlebell workouts.
As with the RKC, the HKC will be earned through diligent testing of each candidate. Besides having to pass the requisite plank test at the outset of the workshop, each HKC candidate will be evaluated for technical proficiency and teaching skills at the end of the workshop and will then be granted either a pass or fail.
Registration deadline: January 7th, 2014
$50.00 fee for cancellations or transfers, no exceptions.
No refunds or cancellations after: December 29th, 2013
CONTACT US to Register today!