Our family, our friends… seems like everyone is either experiencing for themselves, or knows someone who is feeling a tremendous amount of stress. Take a step back and catch your breath. Remember, worry does little more than make you anxious and miserable. It serves no purpose other than to make you obsess over negative situations and anticipate the worst.
Here are a few techniques to help you stay positive during tense times.
1. Exercise! It takes your mind off things for a bit and helps relieve stress.
2. Distance yourself from negative people. Positive energy is contagious so choose your company wisely.
3. Take an inventory of your strengths, talents and assets. Keep your thoughts positive and the negative ones will not have an opportunity to cloud your mind.
4. Volunteer to help the less fortunate so you can reflect on the abundance in your own life. Have you seen Slumdog Millionare?
An important note: If you feel really down and depressed or have suicidal thoughts, please seek help. Speak to your doctor. There is treatment and you can feel better. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline / 800-273-TALK (8255)
- by nimbleboyz
- Filed under Nimble Blog, Mind & Body.
- Tagged Antonio G Sini, Slumdog Millionaire, anxious, assets, classes, exercise, family, friends, health, miserable, negativity, nimble fitness, nyc, obsess, personal training, positive energy, staying positive, strength, stress relief, talents, techniques, thoughts, trx, union square, volunteer, wellness, worry.