SUNDAY JANUARY 31, 2010
Human beings struggle world-wide to maintain adequate levels of health in order to live nourishing, fulfilling lives. In America alone, 800,000 people are diagnosed each year with diabetes. According to the New York State Department of Health, cardiovascular disease is a leading cause of death for the state’s citizens, 10,000 people die each year from smoking, and NYC has the highest AIDS case rate compared to any other major city in the United Sates. With so many serious health issues in the community and so many huge goals to reach, Nimble Fitness recognizes the immense need for someone to actively take a stand for the community in order to effectively address these crucial issues.
We welcome you to join us and take advantage of all these great resources.
* Free cardiovascular screenings: blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol
* Free one on one nutrition counseling
* Free nutritious, organic foods
* Free personal training tips to get in shape
* Free HIV info, free condoms, and tips on safe sex
* Free and anonymous HIV testing
* Education on women’s health and men’s health
* Education on asthma
* Education on diabetes prevention
* Free hand massages and skin care treatments
* Immunization and lead poisoning information
* Resources on getting registered for health insurance
* Get the facts about Chinese Medicine: the benefits of acupuncture and herbal remedies
* Free Core Fusion Classes- Yoga/Pilates
* Get the facts about YOGA- FREE week of yoga for all BYUS NON-members
* Learn about the benefits of XS Energy Drink and try a free sample!
* Get a FREE consultation on the running shoe that’s best for you
* Learn how to be green while getting in shape
* An opportunity to donate money to extraordinary children with special needs
(check out – http://stmaryskids.org/giving/giving-to-st-marys)