Progressive Calisthenics Bodyweight Strength Workshop
With Al Kavadlo and Danny Kavadlo
Learn how to design challenging, yet appropriate calisthenics programs for your clients and how to know when to progress or regress an exercise to suit any individual’s needs. This limited group workshop is your chance to train with the Kavadlo Brothers as they break new ground in the personal training industry with this Progressive Calisthenics workshop.
Here are just some of the topics this workshop will cover:
- Mechanics of proper Push-ups: Learn different variations including clapping and one-arm push-ups.
- Squats and One Leg Squats: Learn the biggest mistakes most trainers make when teaching squats and how to avoid them.
- Back Bridges: Learn how to progress from a beginner’s bridge to a full back bridge and beyond.
- Frog Stands and Elbow Levers: Two of the core moves upon which all hand balancing skills are built.
- Pull-ups and Muscle-ups: The masters of the the muscle-up will help you cross the threshold into the muscle-up kingdom. Not ready for muscle-ups? Not to worry. The Kavadlo brothers will also cover basic and advanced pull-up techniques.
*This workshop is designed to teach proper calisthenic technique, from the basics to the more advanced. Even if you can’t do a one-legged squat, the Kavadlo brothers will teach you how to use different tools to help assist and progress into more challenging exercise moves.
DATE: Sunday September 29, 2013
TIME: 12:00 – 4:00pm
Al Kavadlo is considered by many to be the among the top bodyweight strength training experts in the world. The author of three books, including the just-released Pushing The Limits! Total Body Strength With No Equipment, Al has been a personal trainer and group fitness instructor for over ten years, and a mentor to many trainers along the way. Al has written dozens of articles on bodyweight strength training for publications such as T-Nation, Men’s Health, Sherdog, and Mark’s Daily Apple, and raked up millions of views on Youtube.
Danny Kavadlo is a world-class bodyweight expert and a veteran of the personal training industry, having worked as both a trainer and fitness manager at some of NYC’s biggest and busiest gyms. As a trainer, Danny has worked with hundreds of clients of all fitness levels; as a manager he has mentored and developed dozens of trainers, directed corporate group fitness seminars and appeared on national television.