by Daniel Lucas …
What makes you dizzy? What lowers your gut function? What gives you headaches and can make you feel lethargic? What makes you look and feel older than you are?
Water is that important. In fact, poor hydration actually weakens the immune system, leading to bigger health problems and pre-mature aging. (Ellis, Stayhealthy.com). How do you reverse the effects of dehydration? Drink water!
Here are some simple guidelines :
1. Drink 8 ounces of water first thing in the morning, right after brushing your teeth.
2. Drink half your body weight in ounces throughout the day.
3. Taper off towards evening so that you are not awakened while sleeping.
4. Assess your energy levels, urine (clear?), bowel movements (yes!) and skin to see if
you are at a good volume. Lower or raise your water intake if needed.
5. Increase your volume for heat or a super-dry environment.